The after-school program at Greenville Middle School is still going strong! Our teachers have been working hard to provide fun, engaging activities to the 40-50 students we have staying after school every day! In the past few weeks, students have participated in the following activities…and this is just to name a few!
- Halloween and fall-themed baking and cooking activities
- Art projects, such as molding clay, leaf rubbings, finger painting, dot art, salt art, and painting stones and wood
- Sublimation science experiments with dry ice
- Jewelry making
- Interactive games to review basic concepts in ELA, Math, Science, and Social Studies
- Engaging activities to learn about the different branches of the military
- Loom knitting to create winter hats and scarves
- Robotics and other STEM-based activities
- Brain games, such as Cranium, Scattergories, and chess
- Activities with our counselor focusing on teamwork, post-graduation options, and money management
- Cultural activities, such as learning about Native American art and celebrating the Day of the Dead in Hispanic cultures
If you are interested in having your child(ren) join the after-school program, please tell them to pick up a student application from Mrs. Heaton or Mr. Owens!